Course:Introduction to the Internet
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to understand and demonstrate proficiency in the following topics:
- CONCEPTS: Basic Internet and Intranet concepts and terms.
- BROWSING: How to navigate both the Intranet and Internet using the toolbar and address bar of the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 browser; How to use links.
- ACCESSING THE INTERNET: Getting to the Internet through site resources.
- POLICIES: Understanding the organization’s policies and directives relative to using the Internet.
- SEARCHES: Performing searches using the Alta Vista search engine; Using focused query commands to make searches more effective and efficient.
- ENHANCED BROWSING: Using the browser to print web pages; Organize favorite sites; Set a home page; Manage temporary files.
Some typing skills.
Introduction to PCs and Windows or equivalent skills.
Max Students Allowed:11